14 Feb How to Make your own Immune Boosting Tonic
Jenna shows you how to throw together your own Immune Boosting Tonic full of virus-busting goodness!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 medium onion, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and rough chopped
- 3 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried echinacea root
- Apple cider vinegar (organic with “the mother”)
- Raw organic honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- cheese cloth (enough to cover the top of the jar with a couple layers)
- A large glass container of some sort. We used a quart-sized mason jar.
Step by Step Instructions
- Place onion, garlic, ginger and echinacea root in a mason jar.
- Add apple cider vinegar to cover the herbs.
- Cover with cheese cloth and screw on the band to hold it tight. (don’t use the lid portion- your tonic needs air!)
- Leave in the jar for 2-3 weeks, preferably in a sunny or slightly warm place.
- Strain and discard the herbs.
- Mix with equal parts raw honey and add cayenne powder.
- Store in the fridge and take 1 teaspoon as needed daily or whenever you start to feel run down.
There is more you can do with this tonic:
• Immune Boosting Tonic is amazing alone- BUT there are some fun ways to use it:
• Use it to make a quick Bloody Mary: add to a mixture of tomato juice spirit of you choice
• It’s a super FLAVOR boost for soups and sauces. It’s the not-so-secret ingredient in my chicken soup and a fix-it for spaghetti sauce that needs a little kick.
• Bone Broth to the MAX: add this to your bone broth!