16 Oct Butternut Squash Flatbread
Dinnertime is never easy, especially after a long day at work. You have to eat SOMETHING, and you’d love for it to taste good AND be good for you. That can be a tall order.
We’ve got a suggestion that uses a seasonal favorite: Butternut Squash. Butternut Squash is full of antioxidants and vitamins. It also plays nice with many different flavor profiles and it easy to roast up and keep on hand for recipes.
Keeping roasted squash on hand makes easy work of recipes- throw it in salads, toss with pasta, serve it alone as a side.
Butternut Squash Flatbread
1 Butternut Squash, peeled, roasted, and diced
1 bag Cadia Pizza Dough
1 package of Milton’s Local Uncured Bacon Sausage
1 container of Whole in the Wall Pesto
1 package of shredded Mozzarella
Salt & Pepper
Preheat Oven to 450º
- Pull pizza dough out fridge, remove from bag and let it warm to room temperature
- Dice sausage and fry in pan with small amount of oil. Cook until caramelized and slightly crisp.
- Either cut dough in half or use whole- roll out as thin as possible
- Bake at 450º until soft but stiff enough to handle
- Top flatbread with pesto, cheese, sausage, squash cubes and more cheese! Bake until bubbly!